Check out the latest Jacksonville development and construction news in this week’s edition of Building Up Jax!
Grub coming to Jax
Add another new-to-market restaurant to the collection of businesses coming to the Town Center.
According to Jax Daily Record, Grub Burger Bar will be coming to The Strand at Town Center early next year.
The chain is based in Texas, and has been looking into expanding into the Jax area for a few years now. It specializes in burgers, as you may have guessed from the name.
A couple of items coming from the fast-growing Springfield neighborhood:
The Cured Nail has signed a lease to open at 3rd and Main, and is expected to be open by September according to the property’s landlord.
Meanwhile, the building at 1st and Main is being converted into an event space, with plans later on down the line to include a restaurant and bar. There are also plans for a farmers market in an adjacent lot.
- More info is now available about the mixed-use project coming in at the corner of Gate Parkway and Deerwood Park Blvd. The project will feature 289 luxury apartment units, a Burrito Gallery, a sushi restaurant, a salon, and a new restaurant from local restaurateur Matthew Medure.
- A new Goodwill will be built at 3186 New Berlin Rd. at a cost of $1.5 million.
- Teavana is closing all of its stores nationwide, it announced this week. It has two Jax locations – one in The Avenues, and one at the Town Center.
- The Fresh Market is set to remodel two area locations – one at 150 Riverside Ave. and one at 13493 Atlantic Blvd.
- Plans were submitted this week for a standalone Starbucks to be built in an existing parking lot at Windsor Commons Shopping Center at 4765 Hodges Blvd.
- Another future Wawa site has been identified: 1004 Edgewood Ave. N. on the westside.