UberEATS comes to Jax
UberEATS, the meal delivery service spun off of Uber, is now available in Jacksonville.
Several local eateries have already contracted with the service, including Hamburger Mary’s, 5th Element, European Street Café and more.
The service is available throughout most of Jax – though there are reports of issues with accessing it from certain parts of the city. Presumably the kinks will be worked out pretty soon.
Wells Fargo Center re-opens
This past week, tenants were able to begin returning to work at Wells Fargo Center.
The downtown skyscraper was hit hard by Hurricane Irma, having its entire electrical system wiped out. It was initially assumed that the building wouldn’t be able to reopen to tenants for several weeks, if not months.
It turned out to only be out of commission for three weeks, as disaster workers rapidly pumped water out of the building and the electrical system was restored. Now, tenants have slowly begun to trickle back in.
- Pet Supermarket received a permit for build-out at 7067 Collins Rd.
- A permit was issued for the build-out for The Stuffed Beaver, a new restaurant coming to 2548 Oak St.
- Beirut Restaurant & Spirits plans to expand into adjacent space in the shopping center at 3928 Baymeadows Rd. – the expansion will add a grocery store.
- The Sherwin Williams paint store at 385 Park St. will undergo a remodel.
- Once a relatively prominent local chain, Gene’s Seafood Restaurant will close its last remaining location at 1571 University Blvd. W., with today being their final day in business, according to the Florida Times-Union. Blue Marlin Bar will be closing as well.