Building Up Jax: Cookie dough eateries coming to Town Center area
COOKIE DOUGH AT THE TOWN CENTER
Cookie dough fans, it looks like you’re in luck.
There are two new cookie dough eateries set to open in Jax – and both will be near the Town Center.
Wonderland Cookie Dough Co. will open in a kiosk outside of Steve Madden within the St. Johns Town Center, according to Jacksonville Business Journal.
And Cookie Dough Bliss announced last week that they plan to open by May in the shopping center at 7643 Gate Parkway.
Both specialize in safe-to-eat cookie dough, made without using raw eggs.
BRIGHTMAN BLVD. HEATING UP
Plans were submitted for a new eight-building apartment complex, referred to as Oasis at Town Center, at 10667 Brightman Blvd.
It would go in next to Topgolf, iFLY, and Floor & Décor.
And according to Jax Daily Record, a Holiday Inn Express & Suites will also be going in next to iFLY and Floor & Décor.
- Paddlers (originally known as Smash), the ping-pong bar concept coming to Baymeadows Junction at 8206 Philips Highway, received a permit for buildout in the former Pure nightclub space.
- A permit was issued for the demolition of an existing structure at 1004 Edgewood Ave. N. in preparation for a future Wawa location at that spot.
- Plans were submitted for a new RaceTrac gas station and convenience store to be located at 2009 Mayport Rd. in Atlantic Beach.
- Tru by Hilton will build a new four-story hotel at 2740 Jane St., according to Jacksonville Business Journal.
- Starbucks Coffee received a permit for the construction of its new standalone location in front of Windsor Commons Shopping Center at 4761 Beach Blvd.
- Brooklyn craft whiskey distillery Burlock & Barrel received a permit for its interior buildout at 417 Magnolia St.
- Sonny’s BBQ will give its location at 12719 Atlantic Blvd. an aesthetic upgrade.