Check out the latest Jacksonville development and construction news in this week’s edition of Building Up Jax!
iFLY coming to Jax
iFLY, the indoor skydiving entertainment venue, is officially coming to Jax.
According to multiple sources, the company will purchase 2.5 acres of land from the Skinner family at the start of next year, with plans to complete construction by the end of next year.
The structure will be 60 feet tall to accommodate the company’s services.
The land is located along Brightman Blvd. next to Topgolf, adjacent to I-295 and St. Johns Town Center.
To prepare for the addition, plans were submitted this week for Brightman Blvd. to be extended beyond Topgolf’s parking lot to accommodate the future development.
JTA park-and-ride at Avenues Walk
Plans for a JTA park-and-ride station at Avenues Walk were submitted this week.
The lot is part of the shopping center’s second phase, which looks to be back on after being initially postponed.
Color Me Mine, a paint-a-pot chain, will be opening soon at The Avenues next to Great American Cookie Co.
Speaking of The Avenues: Burger Barn is now open in the food court.
And the McDonald’s across the street from the mall, at 10420 Philips Highway, will be getting a much-needed remodel soon as well.
- Earth Fare in Mandarin will be opening on August 23.
- A permit was issued this week for the construction of a new Costco location on the Westside. The new location will be at 7935 Parramore Rd. It will be built at a price of around $11.7 million.
- The Regions Bank branch location at 1600 Hendricks Ave. will close soon, according to Jax Daily Record.
- A 90-room Holiday Inn Express is planned for 13934 Village Lake Circle at Bartram Village, according to plans filed with the St. Johns River Water Management District.
- A new Waffle House will be built at 9041 New Kings Rd.
- The Publix at 10920 Baymeadows Rd. is next on the list of local stores to be remodeled.