LAVILLA GREYHOUND STATION BEGINS SERVICE TUESDAY
The new Greyhound intercity bus terminal at 1111 W. Forsyth St. will begin operations on Tuesday.
It marks the completion of phase one of the Jacksonville Regional Transportation Center, expected to be completed next year.
THE DISTRICT FUNDING APPROVED BY DIA
Downtown Investment Authority voted to approve a deal for Southbank’s The District that would involve the city pitching in over $26 million for the project.
The city’s money would mostly go toward expansion of the Southbank Riverwalk through The District as well as the development of several parks within the project’s boundaries.
The project must now receive final approval from city council before construction begins.
DELANEY TO JOIN LEGAL ALLIANCE
Former mayor and UNF president John Delaney will join forces with an alliance formed by Rogers Towers PA and The Fiorentino Group starting June 1.
The alliance focuses on government and business affairs. Delaney’s role has yet to be clarified, but early speculation suggests that he may become involved in the debate over privatizing JEA.
- A two-story, 42,000 square foot senior living facility is proposed at 4900 Baymeadows Rd.
- A permit was issued for the build-out of Dogtopia’s new location at 1075 Hendricks Ave.
- The AMC movie theater at Regency Square Mall will undergo a renovation valued at over $1.2 million.
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard received multiple permits in relation to their build-out at 4458 Town Center Pkwy.
- A permit was issued for the construction of Home 2 Suites at 10715 Deerwood Park Blvd.