Building Up Jax: River and Post opens Monday; Kitchen on San Marco closes
RIVER AND POST OPENS MONDAY IN RIVERSIDE
New Riverside eatery River and Post opens on Monday at 4:00 PM.
The highly-anticipated “upscale casual” restaurant at 1000 Riverside Ave. features a 6,300 sq. ft. ground-floor dining room as well as a 3,500 sq. ft. top floor rooftop bar.
The rooftop is sure to offer amazing views of the St. Johns River and downtown Jacksonville. The menu will feature options from “land and sea” and can be viewed on their website.
IRMA’S LASTING DAMAGE TO SAN MARCO
Kitchen on San Marco announced via Facebook that it has closed its doors permanently due to damage sustained during Hurricane Irma.
A little further down San Marco Blvd., European Street Café remains closed due to the damage it sustained during the storm, as does Bistro Aix. Both of those eateries say that they will bounce back, and European Street Café recently received permits for their rebuilding efforts.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill opened this past week at the St. Johns Town Center.
- Dollar Tree has been approved for build-out at Shops of Philips at the Philips/Emerson intersection.
- McDonald’s will renovate its location at 7116 Bonneval Rd. along Butler Blvd. The burger chain also recently finished renovating its location across the street from The Avenues.
- Web.com will occupy the soon-to-be-built Town Center Two building at 5379 Gate Parkway, with plans to move in by spring 2019, according to Jax Daily Record.
- An existing building at 704 Lane Ave. S. will be demolished in preparation for the construction of a new Wawa station on the site.
- Plans were filed this week for a future Racetrac gas station and convenience store location at 5020 Gate Parkway.
- St. Vincent’s submitted plans for a new urgent care center at 858 Monument Rd. in Arlington.
- Battery Source plans to build a 4,482 sq. ft. location at 11913 San Jose Blvd.
- Plans were submitted for a nine-building self-storage facility at 9606 Argyle Forest Blvd. across the street from Oakleaf Town Center.
- The Blind Rabbit plans to add a brewery to its Jax Beach location at 311 3rd St. N, according to the Florida Times-Union.