Check out the latest Jacksonville development and construction news in this week’s edition of Building Up Jax!
Chaffee Hills Commercial plans submitted
Plans for a new commercial development along Chaffee Rd. near I-10 were submitted this week.
The proposed development, referred to in documents as “Chaffee Hills Commercial”, would feature a 28,000 square foot retail shell building, a fast-food restaurant with a drive-thru window, and a gas station with 18 pumps.
No specifics yet on planned tenants, but based on site plans, the gas station appears to be a GATE station.
Gas stations galore
Speaking of gas stations, we’ve got a few updates related to the continuing onslaught of new stations around the First Coast:
- A permit was issued for the demolition of the Southside Estates shopping center at 9731 Beach Blvd. The shopping center is being partially torn down in preparation for the construction of a new Wawa location.
- One more tenant for the Gateway Village project coming in near the Town Center, via Jax Daily Record: a RaceTrac gas station and convenience store.
- Plans were submitted this week for a previously-announced Gate Express Carwash location at Shops of Philips, built to complement the neighboring GATE gas station on Emerson St. The carwash structure will be right along the corner of Philips and Emerson, next door to the Wendy’s that opened earlier this year.
- Just a week after iFLY was officially announced as Topgolf’s future neighbor at the Town Center, a lease has been signed for a flooring showroom to be built nearby along Brightman Blvd., according to Jax Daily Record.
- According to a couple of sources, the local Yellow Pages office is shutting down in September due to low customer volume. Just over 100 jobs will be cut as a result.
- Jacksonville Symphony is negotiating with Daily’s Place officials to bring Symphony concert events to the new venue, according to Jacksonville Business Journal.
- Some local media news: First Coast News’ daytime talk show “The Chat” will go off the air as of September 8.